5.04.2007

What a difference 2 hours makes!

Ha, I just got done posting on Wednesday night at 10:30pm that there was no baby yet.

Two hours later at 12:30am I was still on the internet, when my water broke.

THEN, another two hours later at 2:42am I was holding Hailey Marie!

Can you believe it?!? I had the fastest, craziest labor I could ever have imagined. They literally ran me (on the bed) through the hospital from triage to L & D telling me the whole way NOT to push (like I had any choice in the matter!) and the nurse in L & D literally caught her when we got there. I had been crying because no one in triage was believing me she that was coming, they had just checked me and I was *only* 6 cm. They hadn't even gotten my I.V. in yet. I had really wanted an epidural this time and they were over at the desk talking about what sweetners they wanted for their coffees and I got really, really angry that they were ignoring me. Guess, I ruined their coffee plans making them run me to the other end of the hospital.....
Anyways, here's a picture of our new princess.


Hailey Marie
5/3/07
2:42 am
7 lbs 4 oz
20 in

Ok, now that I've updated and shared our big news, I'm off to bed.

16 comments:

Kristine said...

Oh, Jen, CONGRATULATIONS!! What a darling picture!!! I've had both an amazing nurse and a nurse in training. I'm just thankful I had the great nurse first . . . Welcome to baby Hailey Marie (love the name too!).

:) Kristine/SHS

Kathy in WA said...

Congratulations!!! What an adorable picture. :) Glad you shared on the loop that there was an update.

Duckabush Blog

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what a fast labor! And what a GORGEOUS baby girl! She is a little doll! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

all in the family said...

Oh my! What a story you have and what a precious little one you have! Congratulations!

Beth in GA (shs)

Lisa in Jax said...

Congratulations!!! She's just beautiful! I do wish Sophia had come quickly...LOL

I so happy to hear that you and the baby are healthy and doing well. What a beautiful name!

Yvonne Ferlita said...

Oh Jen...she is beautiful!!! Congratulations...~Yvonne

Linda said...

Jen, she's beautiful. So alert and non-newborny looking. I think that's the best new baby picture I've seen! Congratulations! Linda in FL (from SHS)

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely beautiful and I love the name ! Congratulations!!!!!!

Carolyn/SHS

Shari said...

What an adorable little girl! With that perfectly round head, you can tell that it was a fast labor. Congratulations!

Shari (SHS)

Diann said...

She is beautiful!!!

Diann from SHS

bridget said...

She is so so so cute! Naomi has that same outfit :) I can't believe the nurses were discussing sweetners while you were in transition. I can't imagine keeping my cool during that.

Lexie said...

Oh wow!!

Congratulations!! What a sweetie! My last delivery was that fast too. Water broke at 2 am, baby arrived one hour later with them running me to L & D. Baby was coming out before I was even on the bed!!

Enjoy this time with your little one!

Love mlpinky

Me said...

I got the email this morning (I didn't check my email at all yesterday!!!!)
How exciting! You now have Boys AND Girls!!! And, the best of all you don't have to have any more because you now have a May baby! *g*

I'll send you some announcement samples so I can get on the ball about them!

Have a great day!

Salar37_Shushan said...

What an adorable baby girl! Thank you so much for sharing this already. Wow! That was a quick labor! Praise God they caught her! Sounds like your experience was blessed even when it didn't seem like it at first.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Susan in Va

Amico Dio said...

Congratulations!! She is a beauty!!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

{{{Jen}}} She's adorable. I missed catching the news right away. Oops. LOL

Glad you're labor went quickly - sorry the nurses weren't attentive.