5.07.2007

Let's see if I can do a daily update thing here...

Saturday, I pretty much slept most of the day. I had only gotten a total of 3 hours the day she was born and 5 hours on Friday and by Saturday it was catching up to me. Hubby took the olders out for a few hours running various errands.

Sunday, we went to church. Skipped SS but made it to worship service. I spent the whole time in nursery because I just wasn't sure if Hailey would make it through. I think as long as I nurse her right before she'll be fine. In a couple of weeks, she'll be the only baby in nursery, so I won't have to worry too much about her getting sick from someone else. We have some 2 year olds that are moving up to toddler church. Sunday night we finally went putt-putt golfing for Jake's birthday. It was a COOL 83F and we figured we'd better take advantage of that since we're not seeing those temps for 5-6 months. After putt-putt we went to TGI Friday's for dessert.

Monday, Hailey had her first ped visit this morning. She's lost some weight so we have to go back tomorrow to make sure that that would be her lowest and she'd be on the upswing. Nursing has been going very well during the day but she absolutely refused to nurse at night Saturday and Sunday. Today I've been pumping after nursing her and then bottle feeding the rest to her to get her weight back up. Ahhh, the early weeks of nursing. Always fun:)

The ladies at our church set up for people to bring dinners all this week. That was such an unexpected blessing! That will make life so much easier for hubby this week. I'm feeling really great but he was refusing to let me cook this week while he is off.

The kids are still "over the moon" with the new baby. Brandon is literally walking around with a smitten look on his face. Saturday while me and Hailey were napping on my bed, I woke up and he was sitting on my bed just staring at us with his smitten look. Very sweet, but I sent him off to play, kinda creepy to wake up to someone just sitting there staring at you. Hannah is absolutely loving having a real life baby doll. Jake thinks she's so cute and loves rubbing her soft cheeks. Matthew thinks she's cute but has only held her twice. He's still keeping his distance. No jealousy so far. I'm making sure to give him attention since he's the "former baby".

I'll make a concentrated effort to try and get pics up tomorrow. I'll have hubby try an help me get the computer fixed.

Well, that's all folks!

2 comments:

Me said...

I think Brandon is in awe of the wonders of God - the abounding blessings He creates for us!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

How FUN to have boys and girls now! I'm so glad your church is brining you meals. Relax and love on that new little angel.