4.01.2007

Yesterday we had hubby's company picnic. It was fun. Me and Hannah only got to stay about 1 1/2 hours but Hannah made a new friend. Jacob also made a friends with a set of twin boys that are his age. From what hubby says, he was very upset to leave and is bugging us to have them over for dinner. This is big for Jake as he tends to play by himself or be so bossy and strong-willed that no one wants to really play with him. This is a huge breakthrough for us/him:) He was also VERY well behaved yesterday, both during our early morning errands as well as at the park. He asked me the whole time whether he was "behaving" or not, of course I told him yes. He did the same thing for part of today as well. I think he's finally growing up to the next stage, or just becoming more aware of how he needs to act, or maybe just has started really caring, I don't know but this is an answer to prayer! There IS hope for this child:)

Took Hannah to her tea party. She had a good time. I actually stayed there and visited with one of the other mothers. I really didn't know her very well before, but do now. It was nice. I guess I made a new friend also, yesterday:)

Last night we started working on our derby cars for AWANA at the end of April. We bought a dremel tool and started cutting them out. Boy, it's going to take alot of work to get these 5 cars done! Mine I'm actually "carving" with the dremel tool instead of rough cutting and then sanding. I have a huge pile of sawdust on the kitchen table right now:) These are the cars that we are going to try and accomplish:

Hannah: Covered wagon from The Little House books
Brandon: Race car w/flames
Jacob: Old derby car style (think "Our gang") complete with a little flag on the back
Matthew: Fire engine
Me: "57 Firebird convertible painted "pink cadillac" pink

No comments: