4.29.2007

No baby yet. Sorry if I kept everyone in suspense. I've been sick since Tuesday with that cold and I've been incredibly tired.

Still having funky contractions but nothing "real" I guess. Friday I had them lower and definately burning and painful 5-8 mins apart, but they went away. The weather's hit 100F as well this week and my ankles are so swollen and hurt. I'm really, really frustrated. Trying to keep it all in perspective but really I just want to cry:) Really this has been an easy pg (with the exception of the spotting in the beginning and morning sickness) so I have no reason to REALLY complain, I'm just getting huge (past BIG at this point) and way uncomfortable. I can barely walk due to pelvic displasia, or whatever it's called, and now I'm retaining a ton of water due to heat. Hopefully I *only* have 2 weeks at the most and that my Dr. won't make me go overdue. A girl can hope right? (g)

Ok, let's see.

Friday night was the AWANA derby car races. We didn't do very well for speed but 2 of our 4 cars won for "style" again. We entered a covered wagon (Hannah, an Army tank (Brandon), an old fashioned derby car (Jake), and a bright-colored car with a Polly pocket driving with her god (Matthew/Me). Hannah and Matty/Me won first place in our category. I'll post pics if I'm ever in the place to do it again. Still can't use my computer to get on the internet.

Friday was also Jake's 5th birthday. We took him to dinner at Garcia's and picked up a birthday cake on the way home from the races.

Saturday morning was Hannah's piano recital. She did sooooo good and I was so proud of her. She didn't even LOOK nervous, she told me later she was but you couldn't tell. I think me and hubby were more nervous than here though. Again, I'll post a pic when I can.

After the recital we took Jake to Target to spend his birthday money and to get him his gift from us. We ended up getting him a scooter and helmet/knee pad set. He spent his money on roller skates and a "knight" set. He tried out his skates last night and is already doing very well. I'm afraid Hannah should have gotten regular skates instead of rollerblade for her birthday. He's already doing better than her...

Today was the first Sunday that I've gotten to sit in SS in a long time. They found a replacement for me last week. Since I wasn't teaching, I wore PANTS to church. Ahhh, it felt so good to not have to squish into pantyhose and fight to keep my slip and skirt from sliding up or down my "baby bump" (actually mountain). I filled in fo someone for nursery today but had to leave early because Jake developed a pretty good fever that was discovered in children's church. Poor guy always gets a "high" fever whenever he's sick. He's pretty mellow for me today though:)

Well, that's all the news. Tuesday is my next Dr's appointment. Hopefully there's more progress?! Tuesday is also our AWANA closing/awards ceremony. Then I get to relax and sit back till this little girl decides to join our family, or "wake up" as Matthew says....

1 comment:

Me said...

Our new little friend can arrive at any time now!
So excited!!!!