3.24.2007

Hubby made it home safely. He had a good time catching up with old co-workers from Seattle but wished I could have come with him. He started losing his voice on Thursday when he left and came home today with barely any voice at all. This has the kids very concerned for daddy and wanted to make sure and pray for him especially tonight:) I guess they're scared it might STAY gone even though we've explained that it's temporary.

We worked on the yard for a couple of hours this afternoon. We've still got a ways to go but we're trying to take advantage of the lower temps this weekend and next week, it's supposed to be in the 70's all week. We've had rain off and on for the last 3 days, crazy considering we had 100F temps the week before.

I've been moving out room around and making room for some new furniture. I've gotta squeeze a chair and ottoman to nurse in up here as well as the baby's bed. Had to move the bed over so now of course I've gotta move the pictures that are hanging over the headboard over. Oh, I cracked open the carseat Thursday night "just to look at it". Went through and organized all the baby's clothes and such in the proper bins. I think it's safe to say I'm officially nesting:) I'm still a little frustrated with these contractions though. They eased up Mon-Wed but on Thursday night I was having them 5 mins apart for at least 2 hours straight. I drank a bunch of water and rolled over on my other side and they didn't go away. I decided to go to sleep hoping that they would go away, and they did. But here again I sit, having them again. I guess I'm just doing too much? It's frustrating because I'm not really doing much at all, but if I try to actually accomplish anything, then they show up. I'm hoping to keep them at bay for at least another 3 weeks. Then, I'll be 36 weeks and in the "safe zone" so-to-speak.

Hannah learned "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" at her piano lesson of Thursday. This has increased her enthusiasm for playing and she's alot more eager to practice the last couple of days. I think she was getting bored playing songs that she really didn't know and there were no real words to go with them. Now that she's playing "real" songs, I think she feels that she's "made it" to "real piano player" (g).

Well, that's all I can think of! Off to check everyone else's blogs....

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad your hubby made it home safe and sound. I love Seattle.

I had lots more contractions like you describe in my later pregnancies....praying for God's perfect timing for Abby's arrival - did I get the name right?

I'm More Than a Number said...

Shew, I'm glad to hear that those contractions are "normal". I was getting kinda nervous. Don't wanna live through a preemie again, everything is such a "big deal" with them. Not to mention the medical bills are outrageous. Oh, we're just not sure on the name. The current is Abbey but I don't know what we'll end up with! I hate this end of pregnancy crazy brain that I (we all?) get...