12.18.2006

Nothing too interesting happened today. That's good sometimes, right? I slept in a little again, as I'm just so tired and worn out feeling. After lunch we worked on school and I spent a great deal of time today reading to the kids with barely any voice. We're in the middle of a book called "Santa Paws Saves the Day" and I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the week. It's about a dog named Santa Paws who's basically like a Lassie and saves people in distress. It's pretty much a "twaddle" book, but I'm using it as training to get my kids used to sitting down and listening to me read for longer periods. It's working so far:)

Poor Hannah. Yesterday we talked about how I was pushing to get school done by the beginning of May because the baby was coming. I asked her to make sure and do a chapter of her math every week if she could so we could accomplish that, she misunderstood me and thought I meant a chapter a DAY. Poor girl spent all evening working on her math, I finally caught on to what she was doing when she was on her last page of the chapter. She had a good attitude about though! I think I'll let her take a break from math the rest of the week.

Brandon started reading "3-letter words" today and he is so excited. I know it sounds like a relatively minor milestone to most, but this is HUGE for him (and me!). He has some sortof "auditory processing disorder" and we've really struggled with patience with each other. He's also very defeatest in his attitude about what he can do, his first response to everything has always been "I can't". Well, I finally put my foot down one day and told him he was not allowed to say "I can't" anymore, that he COULD do it, and that it might take a little more work but that he COULD. It's finally "clicked" and we're on a roll now:) He's also finished learning to count to 100 and actually knowing what the numbers look like and mean. That's another huge thing for us and has to do with that whole attitude thing....

I made an interesting chicken/vegetable soup for dinner. I'm basically trying to clear out my freezer of stuff that's been in there forever. Hubby was not too thrilled to see purple cabbage in there, but ended up telling me that it was not "too bad". He even had me put some in a bowl for him to take to work tomorrow. I'll take that as somewhat of a compliment...

Got my Christmas cards done tonight. I have a couple of addresses still to track down but they're done. I'll try and get them out tomorrow of the next day.

Jen

No comments: