12.18.2006

Let's see. Yesterday was spent cleaning house and hubby doing yardwork. Then, last night we went to hubby's office "Holiday" party. The place that they had reserved ended up putting together a MUCH fancier spread than they were expecting. Hubby was thankful that I convinced him to wear a tie, no one else did so he wouldn't have been out of place without one but he's "Assistant DM" and needs to set the standard. Anyways, we're talking folded cloth napkins, chocolate shavings and cinnamon sticks for the coffee, candlelight....the whole works. The food was fabulous as well. They served a london broil, turkey, mashed potatoes w/chives, etc......ooohh it was yummy! I had a fun evening of ADULT conversation and got to know the DM's wife a little better. She is expecting a baby in March, but she looks way more fabulous than I do. She's one of those women who weighs like 110 lbs a month after she gives birth :) Good for her....but makes me feel that much more fat and frumpy!

I'm still battling that cold and it's gone down into my chest. I guess my immune system is pretty much shot for awhile. Anyways, I was gonna bow out of SS and church this morning and stay home with Jake who has a slight fever but since I teach a SS class I didn't feel right bowing out the morning of. Turns out I really wasn't needed anyways. My whole class was out sick, and the class above was gone except for one little guy who belongs to Hannah and Brandon's SS teacher. Soooo, really I could've been gone and he could have just gone into his mom's class but I ended up with him. He was a real hoot though. Talked my ear off the whole time:) I hope he doesn't catch my cold. I tried to stay away from him so as not to breath on him, left the door open for ventilation, and wiped both our hands with anti-bacterial wipes when were done with class. His mom was thankful that I took precautions but she didn't seem too worried about it either. She is also the mom of Hannah's piano teacher (19yo) and my friend that I visit with during her lesson. She has 6 kids, ages 6-19, and homeschools. I think she's kinda taken me under her wing a little and feels somewhat of a bond with me as we're the ones with "lots of kids". Everyone else has 2 or 3. We're the rebels ;)

I've still not gotten my Christmas cards done. I lost my address book back in November and had emailed everyone who I needed an address from that I could email. I only got about 1/2 a response back from people. You know that made me really sad!

Two of the people I've known FOREVER and I thought were like family, but heard from neither. It's actually the wife of one of my childhood friends and his mother. His mother was a surrogate mother to me from my mid-teens to just last year. She's been kinda treating me weird since we moved down here, and I really don't know why? The only thing I can think of is that I've gotten to "heavy" for her. I mean problem-wise not weight-wise, but I haven't really shared any of my "problems" with her in forever. I stopped by to surprise her when we were home in June, I was in such a great frame of mind then, and we had a decent visit. She was incredibly hospitable and packed us a bag of snacks "for the road", but I could just tell something wasn't quite right and she was kindof being fake in her niceness. Anyways, I've been moping around feeling kinda' sorry for myself. I mean, I know that I've gone through some dark times and can be a gloomy gus, but enough for me to drive people away? I don't get it. Anyways, all that to say that I've just not been in the Christmas card sending mood this year. I guess I SHOULD send cards to all my REAL friends, those of you who know me, know some of my "problems", and are still my friend. I'll work on them tomorrow, ok:)

Ok, I'm rambling I better go. I took a nap after church and now I can't sleep, and it's 2am!

Jen

1 comment:

Diann said...

Sounds like a yummy fun dinner!