11.24.2006

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I was tired because I stayed up late the night before cooking/baking but it was a good day anyways. We got to fellowship with a family from church that we've never socialized with aside from church. Me and the other lady have alot in common. I joked once when we were talking recipes that we are both "free spirits". We NEVER use a recipe unless we are baking and need exact measurements for it to come out right. Anyways, we had a good time.

The turkey roaster thing that I bought the other night turned out to be an AMAZING little appliance. We had the juiciest most yummy turkey we've ever had and it cooked incredibly fast as well. I soaked the turkey the day before in some salt water in the sink, put minced garlic under the skin, brushed olive oil on the skin and then sprinkled season salt over the top. It cooked in the roaster on 350ยบ for 1 1/2 hours (12 1/2 lbs) and came out beautifully:) The little booklet that came with the roaster said it would need approx. 2 1/2 hours to cook and I was suprised when I went to put some butter on it that it was done. I then cut it up and put it in a crockpot with some of the juices to keep it hot until we got to our friend's house and ate.

I've been able to stick with the menu thing this week so far. We actually had leftovers on Wednesday instead of a whole new meal but at least we didn't eat out:) I was hoping to have more leftovers from yesterday for tonight, but it looks like I'll be cooking something tonight.

Jen

No comments: