11.22.2006

Last night we had a good night at awana. The leader was gone and hubby filled in to do the "lesson/devotional" for the kids. He did a good job but I realized last night that some people are just natural "teachers" and others (like me!!) are just not. When I was sitting in on a couple of the 2's and 3's Sunday school sessions before I took over, I saw what a good teacher my Pastor's wife is. I thought "Awww, this will be a piece of cake!". Since then, every week it feels like a struggle for me. Those extra things that naturally come to a "teacher's" mind just don't come so easily for me. Anyways, just something I'm pondering about myself now. I know God gave me other talents and I'm fine with that, I'm just thinking about how much "easier" it would be to parent and homeschool *if* I was a natural teacher....well, maybe not easier but I guess I would *be* a better parent or teacher.

Today I have an appointment with the OB. I'm excited because I'm supposed to hear the heartbeat today for the first time. I'm also excited as this means in 4 more weeks we have the *BIG* ultrasound and hopefully find out who's joining us in May. What a great Christmas present that will be huh?

Hubby just stopped by. He's on his way to a "jobsite" to take a turkey dinner to his employees working down there. Alot of them are from out of state and are away from their families right now and some just don't have families. After he gets done there he comes home so I can go to my appt. "in peace". I remember the days when he could come with me and share in all this pg "wonder". Now I find it more wonderful to actually be able to talk to the Dr. without being interrupted or telling someone to "don't touch that!". I WILL somehow arrange for him and at least Hannah to come the ultrasound next month.

A couple of comments left yesterday made me realize that I didn't include "how" I'm feeling. I'm sorry! I'm feeling GREAT! I've been slowly cleaning parts of the house this week in preparation for company coming at Christmas. Yesterday I totally cleaned and organized the pantry. I started on the laundry room but ran out of time, so I'll finish that today. I plan on getting all the dishes washed and all the extra clutter out of the kitchen. We have a pretty long counter that runs behind the sink and everyone has decided that that's the place to put something when you don't know what else to do with it. I'm putting a stop to that:) I've also got some baby things set aside in a corner by the kitchen table that I need to go through and pack away. Well, now I'm rambling. Let's just say I'm working on the odds'n'ends stuff that's been driving me crazy.

We got invited over to someone's house for Thanksgiving and we took them up on their offer. There will be 4 different families there (including ours). I'm still cooking up most of my menu to take over there. In fact, the only thing I'm not making are the mashed potatoes and gravy. Last night I bought this cool roasting pan/crockpot thing at Target that they had on sale. I figured it would fix our "only room in the oven for 1 turkey" problem as well as keep it warm while everything else is going on. The "men" are taking the kids on a small hike tomorrow while us women cook. Should be a good day:)

Jen

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Can't wait for your ultrasound - glad you are feeling better.