10.17.2006

Today mom came over. My grandfather's birthday is in a few days and we decided that we were all going to make him a handmade card and send them all to him in a manilla envelope. We headed to Joann's since they have paper on sale 5/$1.00. I let each of the kids pick out 2 pieces of paper, it was fun to see what they each chose. Hannah picked out some patterned paper in "man" colors of green and blue. Brandon picked out an "atom" printed paper and one with stars on it. Jacob, of course, picked out a red/black spider printed one and I picked a black/white striped one to go with. Matthew picked out a baseball patterned one and I got him one that had red "stitching" printed on it to go with.

I found some new paper to make Hannah's tea party invites--AGAIN! When I made the other ones, I totally spaced that that was the same day as the awards luncheon for her sewing contest. A couple of the other girls are in the contest as well, so we have to change the time. We also decided to go with more fall-like colors. Not orange and yellow but more fall-like pastels instead of the spring-like ones that we originally were going with. It's worked out good as the dishes I have and the artificial flowers that I have in my bathroom will work beautifully. We also found some butterfly christmas ornaments at Joann's that we're going to incorporate into the floral centerpiece. Like I said, this is all working out beautifully now...

I rescheduled Penny's obedience class today-FINALLY. I was just so sick that it just got put on the back burner. Hopefully now I'll have enough energy to do it. The teacher said this class will be more intense homework. But again, if I can get her to settle down, and have a well-trained dog, it will be worth it.

Jen ºÜº

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

The cards for your grandpa is a great idea! I bet the kids and he will remember them for years to come.