10.01.2006

Sorry I've skipped a couple of days. I've been soooo sick! I feel like I have the flu 24 hours a day. It's worse if I'm up moving around so I'm trying to stay somewhat immobile but that's getting old right quick! Wednesday I actually threw up which is always so much fun :) Not looking to do much more of that. The kids were hilarious about it too. They were all pounding on the bathroom door asking me if I was sick and if I was throwing up. No privacy with 4 littles!

Today after church I stopped at the mall to get some "Preggie Pops" at the Motherhood Maternity store. I'm getting desperate here! They didn't really do much and my Altoids actually work better. I thought the Preggie Pops would have some kindof spices in them like ginger or something to help settle your stomach but they don't, they only have essential oils of Raspberry, Lemon, and Tangerine and a bunch of sugar. How THAT'S supposed to stop nausea I just don't understand.....I think I'll stick to those Altoids. I've also had a constant headache for the last 2 weeks. I can get it to go away by taking some Tylenol but it usually comes right back and I ALWAYS wake up with one, in the morning or nap-doesn't matter. I know I sound like a complainer but this is hard when you have 4 littles! They make so much noise and they just won't sit still, VBG! So, either my they're being loud and I have a headache or I'm up dealing with something and nauseous because I'm walking around. I think I'm getting too *old* for this, LOL.....truthfully though I'm thankful that I'm *still* pg and am gladly putting up with it. I just can't wait for this phase to be over though, second trimester is so much easier! I'm sure my kids can't wait either....:)

On another note, Hannah had her first "Girl's Club" tea party yesterday. There is a group of 6 girls ages 7-10 in our church's homeschool group. We decided that it would be fun to do a tea party club this year to teach the girls manners, telephone manners, party planning, hospitality, etc....yesterday went pretty good. I didn't stay for the whole thing, I ended up running an errand with a lady from church. We had a good visit and got to know each other better. Actually we're doing AWANA together and we are the leaders of the same group. As I've said before, I'm a recovering shy person and am just now beginning to get to know the other ladies at our church. Part of it too was that we've moved so much since we've been married, and we really weren't supposed to be here more than a year, that it was hard for us to want to put down "roots" here. We finally decided though, that since we don't know how long we'll be here, we've just got to get involved and "live life". So, that's what we've been trying to do, and I'm making friends at church :) Ok, back to the tea party. Each of the girls are doing a theme for their tea party. The girl yesterday had a "horse" theme. They discussed the movie "Dreamer" and had a little devotional study. Hannah has decided to do a "Beading" party. We're going to decorate the table with cheap pearl necklaces from the Goodwill and the girls will be making a bracelet for themselves- complete with a teapot or teacup charm that we found at Walmart. I also found some cookie cutters on Ebay shaped like a teapot and teacup. Hannah's thinking of making sandwiches with those. She's getting pretty excited, I'm nervous. I like having people over, but I always stress out way to much over everything that it ends up no fun for me. I'm working on it though.

Jen ºÜº

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT news that you are feeling sick. I'm sure you KNOW that's good news, right? It's a sign that your hormone levels are still up.

I found that slicing a lemon and smelling it really helped with nausea. Strangely enough - eating did too...but the minute I stopped eating...ugh. LOL

Hannah's tea party sounds precious.