10.01.2006

I got this off of mlpinky's blog. I wasn't tagged but it looked like fun so I'm doing it.

When you were a kid, what did you want to do
when you grew up?
Get married and have kids.

What do you want to do when your kids grow up?
Go to Disneyland. Just kidding! I would like to own a business selling some kindof art or craft.

Who did you look up to when you were a child/teen?
My Pastor's wife and my friend's mom Linda.

How about now?
The Lord, that same Pastor's wife, and my friend De'Etta:)

List your 3 favorite childhood foods.
Pizza
Hamburger and fries
Did I mention Pizza?

Now what are they?
Mexican food
Pizza (still!)
A good salad

Name your top 3 music favorites as a teen?
Amy Grant
Martina McBride
The "oldies" station

Top 3 now?
(shhh don't tell! You asked what my favorites are.)
Tim McGraw
Faith Hill
Kenny Chesney

3 interesting things about you then.
I was on a highschool bowling team. (with Becky!)

I was homeschooled through a Christian school in highschool.

I was engaged to my hubby when I was 15 (almost 16)...5 months after we got together! If MY kids ever do something like that!.......VBG

3 interesting things about you now.
Hmmm, I don't think I AM interesting:)
I LOVE my kids and wish I could enjoy them more.
I can make soap from scratch. Does that count????

List your favorite 3 books as a child/teen.
The Boxcar Children. (the first chapter book I ever read by myself!)
Ramona Quimby
The Babysitter's Club series.
When I was a teen, I enjoyed the Janette Oke books and read them all.

What are they now?
Book? What's a book? LOL I mostly read magazines.....and blogs!
I read the Laura Child's Needlework Shop series, it was *ok*.
I'm gearing up to start the Mitford series. My Auntie just gave them to me.


List your 3 favorite childhood/teen places.
The bowling alley....any of them:)
Anywhere with my boyfriend, now hubby Michael:)
The beach....again, any of them!

Now where do you most enjoy going (top 3).
On a date with hubby:)
The beach.
Geocaching.

What were your favorite 3 movies?
Back to the Future
Annie........the old one.
Hmmm, drew a blank.

Now your 3 favorite movies are?
The Lakehouse
Cars
Hmmm, drew a blank again.

How about TV shows back then? (3)
Saved by the Bell....had a crush on "Zack" VBG.
Baywatch
ER

TV shows now? (3)
The Apprentice
ER
Grey's Anatomy

How many kids did you think you would have?
2

How many DO you have?
4........working on 5.

List 3 things you thought you would do when you grew up? Did you do them?
Own a home. Did that, then got transferred. Wahhh!
Homeschool. Yup!
Have kids.

List 3 things you NEVER thought you would do... that you did.
Turn into my mom. I'm fighting it....and hard!
Gain a bunch of weight.
Have more than 2 kids.

List 3 friends you are going to tag!
No one--but if you want to do this leave me a comment so I can read yours.

Jen ºÜº

3 comments:

Me said...

OMW- you are going to need some heavy caffine to get through the first book of the Mitford Series. Took me FOREVER! Never went onto the other books because that one was so boring.
Just my opinion!
In October I am starting a Christian Women's Book Club and can send you our monthly readings (if you fly in you can participate in the meetings but that's not realistic!)

I will probably copy your thing and post it when I have some time.
Got my counter in my craft room put in yesterday! Still have to finish my window and put trim up (and new flooring....) and then I will be DONE! My walls are GREEN GALORE (check out your last catalog) with bright white accent and trim. Oh yikes - I have forgotten to send you that stuff! I will mail it tomorrow (making myself a do not forget list now!)
Okay, starting to ramble on your blog! LOL

Anonymous said...

Ah - thanks for the sweet comment.

How COOL that you and Becky knew each other in high school - and *15*? Hmmm...there's a story here, isn't there?

I didn't know you were homeschooled. I'm glad you did this test - it was fun to learn more about you.

Anonymous said...

I had the same response as Becky to Mitford the first time I TRIED to read it. Everyone kept going on and on about how good they were so I tried it again quite a few years later...and liked them. LOL Of course, in the meantime we'd been pastors and I got a kick out of some of the relationships in the congregation at mitford. LOL