10.19.2006

Our day in a nutshell.





We hit the library with my mom. I stressed out way too much. I then remembered WHY we don't go to the library. The kids got some great books though. I picked up a "Hank the Cowdog" book that I've heard about many times. I just happened to walk by them and thought we'd give them a try:)


The boys got books on sharks and cars. Matty just kindof grabbed things. Hannah got some more "Biscuit the dog" books which she is just loving as she can read them all by herself pretty easily. Reading is always fun when it's not too much work...





After that, we headed to Michael's to pick up some embossing powder and embossing stamp pad. I had a 40% off coupon and so I got the $5.99 stamp pad instead of the "cheaper" one since it also had a refill attached to it. When I got up to the register and the boy rang me up, it rang up for $.01! Needless to say, I was ecstatic. I think THAT is the best deal I've ever gotten....I walked out of there with a jar of embossing powder and a stamp pad with refill for the grand total of $3.78. It's the "little" things....





Hubby picked up Hannah's pictures tonight. They turned out great but I was a little bummed that they didn't include any "extras" like they did last month with Matty's. Sometimes they throw a couple of sheets in to try and upsell and make a little more money. I was hoping that they would've thrown in one of the ones where she was kindof crookedy. I'll just post the one I'm talking about.



I'm really regretting not ordering one of these but we're trying sooo hard to save money so we can go to Disneyland. Maybe after the first of the year, I can order a sheet or two online...

Tomorrow is our homeschool group's "Tie-Dye Day". The kids are so excited. Ok, I am too! I'll post pics when I get them home and washed and dried.....

Well, that's all folks!

Jen ºÜº

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Jen, I just wanted to stop by and say hello. How are you feeling? Perhaps if I read further I can find out for myself lol...

~Kelly

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh, oh, oh - I can't wait to hear your tie dye story. I'm still planning to do that - but haven't. Life interfered. Or maybe it was vacation, family here and leaving and school...yeah life. LOL

re library - you have lots of little ones to take with you. I try to go with my young elementary ones if I have lots of books to get....and take the pre-school bunch when I can focus totally on them. I used to love to go to the library once a week by myself to browse for my books.

I would love to buy all the books we wanted...but on our budget...well the library allows us to read way, way more books than we could afford to buy. LOL

I'm so blessed now because my oldest at home child loves to read as much as the rest of us and will head to the library to find things for us....it's like Christmas to see what he picks out and brings back.