9.13.2006

Yes Becky, Shaun Alexander is a Seahawk. That's not why we chose it though, lol. I guess since my hubby's such a Seahawk's fan he could be pulling for it but, Michael's always wanted a Sean, and it just didn't "fit" with the other boys so we're considering it again this go-round. The Alexander just fits so nicely with it. So far, the consensus on names between my blog's comments and a baby name Yahoo group that I'm on....

Boys:

Sean Alexander
Jackson Carter

Girls:

Megan Elizabeth
Emilie Rose

I think we'll end up with Sean or Emilie. Just like Violette, Jackson is too... something, and I will chicken out. And I like Megan and Mc Kenna but Emilie just really calls my name for some reason. So, for now I'm carrying a Sean or Emilie. We'll see what happens closer to d-day.

Tonight was our first week of AWANA. It went pretty good, but I have a bigger group than I did last year. Last year I had 4 Kindergarteners, this year I have 9 1st-graders. It makes it hard for the kids to be able to say their sections because there is *only* so much of me to go around. We're praying for more workers this year. I'd hate to hinder the kids because of a lack of leaders. I am thankful that Hannah's group *only* has 2 kids for far including her, so she should be able to finish her 1st grade book and move into and finish her 2nd grade one this year and get her plaque at the end of the year. I can't believe how *old* she is getting. She'll be 8 in February. Definately lights a fire under my bum as far as raising/mentoring her. My job's almost "half over" with her....Yikes! I find it so hard to parent older kids. Give me a baby and I'm good to go, ya know. You feed it, keep it clean, and love it and it "coos" smiles and loves you back. It doesn't have an "attitude" that needs adjusting or anything, babies are EASY. It's the teaching/discipling/mentoring thing with kids that I struggle with so much. Maybe one of these days I'll get the hang of it, hopefully before I'm a Grandma!

In my post earlier today, I said that I have been making smoothies for myself for breakfast. Jake decided today that they looked good and asked me if I would make a "smoovie" for him too....how could you say no to that?????

Jen ºÜº

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I kinda like Reef and Caroal in an absurd kinda way. I do like Emilie spelled the way you have it here.

Hope you get more awana helpers, 9 children in any group is quite a lot at that age!

Jodi from SHS