9.12.2006

Ok, question for all you ladies who've had kiddos. Was your morning sickness different depending on whether you were having a boy or girl? The reason I'm asking is with Hannah, my first, I just had nausiousness-no throwing up. With all 3 of my boys I had horrible/forceful vomiting! I've just been nauseous for about a week now, mild at first, but now it's definaely morning sickness. I've not had any throwing up yet, don't know if I just haven't "peaked" yet or if I'm having a girl....I'm wondering if maybe that "T" poisoning (testosterone) has something to do with it.

I stayed up and got some of those song boards done last night that I needed to do. Does anyone have any good kids' Sunday School songs to share with me? We try to stay with ones that "teach" something rather than just be catchy (ie:Father Abraham, had many sons...").

I went to Target last night to check out their maternity section and I think I've solved my shirt problem for now. They had some cute "jean" jackets that were on the long side on clearance for $9.98. That will stylishly cover up my flabby arms and I can wear those t-shirts for the time being. De'Etta, I like your idea of going to the women's section and getting those stretchy pants. I'll have the check it out. I also picked up a copy of "Fit Pregnancy" last night. I think I'm going to start hitting the gym a bit and work on my flabby arms. They have a walking workout regimine plus guidlines for weights and such. We joined the YMCA last month and will be dropping our regular gym membership so I've been dragging my heels a little going to an unfamiliar place.

I've also started eating "healthy". At least I think I'm being healthy. I've been craving juice like a mad woman, so for breakfast I've been making yogurt/juice(V8 Splash)/banana smoothies. I also bought a box of bran flakes to have for bfast or lunch. For dinner last night I made a roast in the crockpot with potatoes,carrots,and greenbeans. I'm really trying to stay away from the junkfood and soda. Not 100% there yet, but working on it. I'm really hoping to *only* gain 15-20 lbs. this pg so that it will be mostly baby and not very much in way of "fat stores". Got enough of that already! It really goes against my grain to be eating so many carbs, and thinking it's actually "good", but I'm going for vitamins/minerals here and really I have to have the fruit. I could do without potatoes, but hubby loves them.

Well that's it!

Jen ºÜº

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Jen,

Hmmm, I've only had boys. But I never really had bad morning sickness. I would be nausiated and things just smelled. I swear I could smell tuna in the can at the grocery store lol. I think I vomited once with each pregnancy. So the testosterone didn't make me sick.

You're doing great to be staying away from the junk! I am having a hard time. I'm pretty much wallowing in the fact that I feel horrible and am eating too much junk to comfort myself UGH. Why do I do that to myself anyway???? I really need to get my rear in gear and do good!!! One more week and I can go back to exercising. I sprained my back and had to take a few weeks off....

OK...off to finish visiting blogging friends :)

~Kelly in OH

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

The jacket sounds like a good solution.