9.10.2006

The workshops yesterday were great. Still pondering it all and I'm sure it will take me a couple of weeks to work through it enough to share here. Let's just say, I was motivated/encouraged/convicted/etc. to be a better mother to my kiddos. I'm going to take it one step at a time, hopefully in the right direction:)

Today my two year old broke my "conservative" glasses while I was taking my nap. Needless to say, I was not very happy but was incredible entertained with the kids' reenactments of their "mommy" with them on. I can still wear them around the house but one stem is missing so I won't be wearing them out anytime soon. That means I'm forced to wear my "sassy" glasses. I like them but I've not been wearing them as I'm just not feeling quite as sassy lately.

We start our new year of AWANA on Tuesday. The kids are totally excited. Me and Michael are excited too. I am leading the song time for the group that we're working with so, I've got to spend the evening tonight making up posterboard song word things. For some reason our church is lacking in "kids songs" so I enlisted the help of my Pastor's wife from Wa. to help me remember some of the songs from my childhood. Those combined with the ones from last year should make for a good year of Sparkies.

One prayer request for you all. My online friend De'Etta's husband just deployed last week. It's always a hard thing to go through, no matter how much you're trusting God. Please pray for comfort for this dear family and that her husband will see tangible fruits of his being over there. He's a Chaplain BTW, so I'm praying that there will be souls saved and souls refreshed that are already believers.

Jen ºÜº

No comments: