9.13.2006

Ok now on to my day. We had our first park day today with our Sonlight Az. group. I am in charge of setting up "speakers" to come and visit with us each month. I was not able to schedule anyone for Sept. so you know what I decided to do? I decided to do a workshop with the kids on dental/oral health. Of course I volunteered for all of this before I knew I was pg and before morning sickness. I stayed up a little late last night getting everything together. I made up a goody bag for all the kids that had a toothbrush, toothpaste packet, a cool dinosaur flosser, cups for rinsing and spitting in, a napkin, a coupon for Colgate, and a storybook from Colgate. It went pretty well considering that I'm a recovering "shy person", and definately don't like to be put on the spot:) Also, when the kids started getting into their bags the wind started blowing pretty hard, so we had a few bags and cups flying around. The kids finally got their teeth flossed, brushed, and then we used this new rinse from Listerine that basically dyes any plaque left on your teeth. The kids did really well and had alot of fun. Most of the mom's liked what I put together, a couple didn't think it was so great. Oh well, I tried! I know that it got MY kids motivated to brush/floss more, that's all that counts I guess.

After that we headed to the Kirby shop to get bags. Man, those things are expensive!

Then we headed to the grocery store to pick up the fixins to make our own pizzas. The kids were wanting pizza and we're trying to not eat out unless absolutely neccessary. The pizzas were *ok*. Better than the last ones we did about a month ago though. We tried making our own dough last time and it just didn't taste good. Tonight I bought some of that stuff that comes in the biscuit section. Again, ok but not great. Hubby seemed to like it though.

After dinner, I almost crashed on the couch. Hubby sent me upstairs to go to bed and I laid there and slept maybe 10mins while hubby was gone with the kids to take our movie rentals back. They got home and when hubby was getting them ready for bed they woke me up. I couldn't go back to sleep, so here I am { : P

Off to read everyone's blogs...

Jen ºÜº

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen...you can't please everyone...if you feel good about the day...that's enough. LOL

But I wondered...you all are going to have SPEAKERS at the park day????

De'Etta

Me said...

Okay girl- I am getting used to reading these everyday - it's like a daily novel for me now! What happened yesterday? What's happening today?! *smile*

Anonymous said...

I think your dental goody bags sounds so cute! Surprised you had a couple who didn't like them...oh well some in every crowd, LOL. I want to get that new listerine stuff for my kids. 'm quite sure my little boys would be seeing a lot of blue they rush, rush, rush, instead of brush!

Jodi from SHS