11.24.2007

Black Friday

This morning Michael slept through his early wakeup call. We weren't able to snag 2 of the 4 gifts we were going to get for the kids. We made it too late. Oh well!


I did however meet my friend Almerry at Joann's and got some REALLY cheap (I mean inexpensive, yada-yada) fabric. I single-handedly knocked out 9 Christmas gifts at Joann's today for about $21 with tax. Cool huh? I've already gotten 2 of them done for Hailey. Here's the pic to prove it....

One of those no-sew blankets and a snoedel (snoo-duhl?). Basically lots of soft, snuggly, cozy goodness just for her:) Albuquerque has SNOW this time of year. Did you know that!? I haven't seen snow in like 3 years...anyways their gifts this year will be warm and snuggly to prepare us for NM. I'm also getting the kids each a stuffed animal from Becky that you warm in the microwave and send to bed with them...


Everyone else that I didn't quite know what to get something for are getting "Blessing Pillows". I got the idea from here. I, of course can't afford $35/person for those so I'm making my own. Joann's had flannel on sale for $.97/yard today so I totally took advantage of that! I'm advertising her site here though because I think hers are so great and I sortof feel guilty for using her idea....


After Joann's we headed to a quilt store in Mesa. It was a really nice store. I was impressed. Not that thats saying alot but I'm really, REALLY snobby when it comes to quilt stores. Either they "have it" or they don't. It's THAT simple people! I couldn't really tell you what the *it* is, but some just don't have it....


Tonight, me and Michael played Cranium with Hannah and Brandon. It's really an adult game but we worked it and we all had fun! This was the game that we played yesterday with all the adult guests at our Thanksgiving dinner. I guess I'll have to go ahead and write up a post about that next. Huh?!

No comments: