8.19.2007

Sushi anyone?

Hubby got my van fixed up today. They (Hubby, Hannah, and Jake) waited for 3 hours, then hubby went to find out why the van hadn't been taken back yet. They thought "someone else" had already taken care of it. After they installed the tires we found out that we needed new brakepads badly, they were down to the metal. That was another couple of hours as they had to order the pads from Kia or something. Also, our battery was almost out of juice, they had to replace that. We also discovered that our struts were going out, but that we had another 6 months or so. So, they were there a total of 8 hours today, we spent $700 today and we can expect to spend another $700 in six months. Fun day! It was reported that Jake behaved very well considering the circumstances. Yay Jake!

Whilest they were bored to death at the dealership, Me, Brandon, Matthew, and Hailey stayed home and played Nintendo...the OLD one. Michael traded in the game cube a couple of weeks ago for an old Nintendo system. I earned some "cool mom" points today with Brandon that I could pass so many levels on Super Mario 3. I got up to World 7 and had 28 "lives". I got stuck and paused it though until hubby got home. I couldn't remember for the life of me how to pass a certain level, hubby figured it out!

Since the van took so long today, I wasn't able to clean my client's office (hubby's work :P) so it looks like I'll have to do it tomorrow between services. I'll probably have hubby drop me off on the way home from morning service and pick me up on the way back to evening service. Not an ideal way to spend a Sunday but oh well.

Ok, now for the meaning behind the title. Tonight hubby and I had no clue what to do for our date. We ended up getting my skirt pattern at Joann's since it was on sale for $1, then we ate dinner at a sushi joint. This was my first time eating sushi. It wasn't too bad I must admit but by the time I had my 4th roll or whatever you call those little things, I had reached my limit of raw fish. I ordered california rolls (albacore, rice, seaweed, avocado), and Michael ordered spicy tuna rolls and a thing called "red mountain" (tuna and salmon over tempura fried california rolls). I also had edemame and mizo soup, those were good. I think I'd go back sometime, just gotta know when to stop (g). Hubby has sushi all the time with that famous VP. I've been bugging him to take me, tonight he fulfilled that obligation. After the great sushi adventure, we stopped at Ross Dress for Less just to browse. I found the cutest heels there. I needed some for this famous wool contest and they had some Nine West ones that matched a Nine West purse that I had gotten at Goodwill a couple of weeks ago. We also have a fancy dinner coming up for hubby's work. Thought I might actually try and dress up a little this time (vbg).

No comments: