8.18.2007

Hubby came home early today. Like 3pm early! We went to run a couple of errands and "oh joy!" the AC went out in the van. It was *only* 111F. We made a trip to the dealership hoping it was still under warranty and it still is. This is the second time that the system has gone out, it went out on me last Summer. My van's only a 2004 so it looks like the AC system is only good for one year at a time, LOL. Our warranty runs out next year, so we at least have AC for one more year....

Tomorrow hubby is going to get the front tires and an alignment done on the the van. We've been meaning to do this for a couple of weeks now, tomorrow he's finally getting a chance to do it. That means that I can drive further than Walmart again:)

Tomorrow I've also got an office to clean and then tomorrow night Michael and I will be going on a "date". We haven't been on a date for probably 6 months now. I can't even remember the last time. Anyways, we're not real sure what we'll do but it will be nice to just spend time together. Quiet time.....with no kidlets interupting our conversations......you KNOW what I mean!

My wool "capelet" is coming along nicely. I think I'm about half-way done. My reading challenge is suffering though. I spent some time tonight looking at vintage buttons on Ebay. I want to find a nice one. Maybe Czech glass or something. Anyways, I'm really liking the way it's coming out, I might make some more in different colors. I told Michael tonight that I think I might start making some of my clothes. We'll see, in all my spare time and all! Here's a picture of the capelet that I'm making from their website. Mine's in a nice dark grey-colored merino wool...not soft but not scratchy either. Isn't it pretty!? Old-fashioned but kinda chic too:)

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Sounds like a busy weekend shaping up - I love the capelet.