8.07.2007

Nothing too exciting to blog about.

Sunday was a typical Sunday. This is hubby's month as deacon to "count the offerings" and do the deposit afterwards. He BROKE the safe and couldn't get the money out LOL. He really dreads this responsibility because it literally takes over an hour to sort, count, whatever everything out. I told him that he broke that safe on purpose to make it to the fellowship we were having that night. (g) The fellowship was for a family that has been coming to our church for about a year now. They hit the ground running and got very involved in our church, everyone is going to miss them. She was the one that took over my SS class for me BTW.

Yesterday we got some school done. It really wasn't the best of days. I've been incredibly cranky the last week or so and yesterday I just wanted to be left alone. I'm incredibly stressed out about a few things and having some health issues right now (nothing serious) and I really was just tired of the whining, fighting, climbing on me etc. Oh, and it was one of those days where when I was helping 2 kids with their schoolwork, another was off in the other room cutting up packets of mayonaise and pottying his pants...on the carpet. After that was cleaned up, I came back in to finish helping said schoolkids and one had decided that he wanted to remove a page from the middle of his comb-bound math book....taking it all apart. It was a Calgon sortof day. I'm over the grouchiness now though:)

Today was errand running day. Went to the bank, movie rental store, Goodwill to return something and found actual school desks for our schoolroom. The tire store (I need new tires on the front) and back home. We cleaned and picked up the house for daddy. He came home and we went back to Goodwill, meeting mom there so we could bring the desks home in her SUV. Went back to the tire store so hubby could get an estimate (so I don't get ripped off) and then hit Wendy's for dinner. I promised the kids they could get a frosty since they had leftover tuna sandwiches and cereal for dinner since I was busy cleaning. Tonight me and hubby watched a movie called Montana Sky (Nora Roberts book) after the kids went to bed. Now I'm blogging and after this I'm going to finish reading my Digital Art Photograpy for Dummies book. Finished the Abs Diet one yesterday. Not quite sure what I think of it yet, still mulling it over in my head. It's basically a South Beach menu but on the premise that you're feeding your body constantly (3 meals, 3 snacks/day) to fuel it to build muscle and get lean doing these excercises in the book. If you don't eat enough then your body burns your lean muscle which in turn leaves you burning less calories therefore actually gaining weight in the longterm. Ugh, I'm really confused about all this diet stuff. I just know I wanna lose weight, there just seems to be so many plans, and they all work if you stick with them, I just need to find the one that *I* can stick with long term.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

That theory in your ab book is the theory I'm "working" with. ::snort:: Actually the dietician said the same thing....and since we've been home and I quit eating as often and as many calories....I've gained 7 lbs. Not a good thing at all.