7.14.2007

Oh the last 2-3 days have been whirlwind!

Thursday evening I worked on the new website for our church. Just a rough draft. I was asked by hubby to be a part of the "I.T." committee at church, involved in the website. I said "sure" and whipped one up and got prices. Got to bed a little too late and paid for it the next day, Friday...

Friday, I called the new peds office to schedule and appointment for Jake and Hailey's 4 month well baby check. Jake has had a bump on the side of his neck for 3 months now and I had the Doc at the old clinic check it out 2 weeks ago at Hailey's 2 month check. Anyways, the Doc seemed not very concerned and told me to let her know if it got bigger. Well, it did get a little bigger and I was not going back to that clinic hence the call yesterday. They told me to come in at 3:30, it was 2:00 when I called.

So, I rushed to get everyone ready to leave the house. In the midst of getting ready I got a call from a potential "client" wanting to hire me to clean their office. I called him back, he told me he'd call me right back. Meanwhile it's 3:00. I waited 10 mins and didn't get his call and I had to leave for the appt.

Got to the appt, the new Doc checked him out thoroughly and found that his spleen is enlarged as well as some other lymph nodes other than the one on his neck. She ordered a complete blood workup on him to rule out a blood disorder, allergies, and leukemia. We headed over to the lab for his blood draw, it couldn't have gone more perfect. I was expecting a serious temper tantrum since he's not had a shot for at least 2 years or so. The kids just joked around with the tech and he proclaimed, "It didn't even hurt!". Please pray for him though. I'm sure he's fine, and the Dr. seemed not too concerned, but still....he's my baby! I'm not worrying very much at this point. It's on my mind a little but I'm not anxious or sick over it. Phil 4:6

After the lab we went to the dollar store so the kids could spend their allowance. Left there a totally frazzled. Imagine 4 kids all saying, "Mom should I get this?" "How much money would I have left?" etc. the whole time. My ears were "tired". LOL

After that, we went to Walmart. I know I'm glutton for punishment. Left there even more frazzled. The baby decided to start screaming while we were waiting in the looong line. Jake was running through each checkstand looking for a toy cell phone that we had seen 2 days before and wanted to spend his allowance on. He was mad that he couldn't find it and mad that I was rushing and trying to get out of there. Michael took him back later that night and he got his phone.

Last night I spent most of my time on the computer creating a flyer to handout for my business. I'm cleaning hubby's office tomorrow and want to put one on everyone's door in the business park.

Today I went to print off my flyers and ran out of black ink. Got everyone ready and went to Office Max, got my black ink. Came home and ate dinner. Went to print off my flyers and my computer was not working right. Hubby fiddled with it and got it to work and started printing them for me. They weren't printing right....I ran out of colored ink! Hubby ran to Office Max, they had just closed. He went to Walmart, they were out. They called the other store closest to us, they were out! Target was closing now. Looks like I'm not printing flyers tonight. So, here I am updating my blog. Oh, we picked up Hailey's pics from Sears today also. So, while hubby was out trying to hunt down a printer cartridge, I finished up Hailey's birth announcements. I'll be sending those out on Monday, FINALLY!!

Well, better go! Bye:)

1 comment:

Me said...

Wow - I am so thankful you changed doctors! I am at a loss of words on this one!

Instead of answering all the questions at the dollar store why don't you make a learning tool - take a calculator and have them add it up and show them how to do taxes (I am sure that Hannah and Brandon could remember the steps). Take a peice of scratch paper and have them write down all the prices and add them up on their own, etc. Just a thought! My doggies don't ask for things when we go to the store so I am just giving advice!