6.12.2007

Ok, so for some reason I was a little melancholy yesterday. Ended up "snacking" last night and pretty much moping around (for no reason!). Then we headed to bed, Hailey just wouldn't sleep, so I went downstairs. She still wouldn't quiet down so we headed to Walmart because I needed to get a couple of things for school. I was able to get my things and as I was getting back into my car, a little old lady came up and asked me for a ride home. Her car had broken down and she had just had it towed and her husband was out of town. I sat there for a moment thinking as fast as I could if this would be a good decision--I DON'T GIVE RIDES TO STRANGERS!! But, she seemed nice enough, told me she had been trying to find someone who looked nice enough to ask a ride from (ooh flattery!). Anyways, as I was moving a few things out of the seat I prayed that God would bless my good deed and that this little old lady was not going to "mug" me or anything. Turns out that she lives not too far from me, she is Baptist like me, she has a daughter who homeschools, anyways we just had a nice little chat on the way home. After I dropped her off, I literally drove home with a big smile on my face. Totally changed my mood! It felt so nice to help someone out when they needed it, and I'm glad *I* was there to give her the ride and she didn't get one from someone crazy. So, please don't post a bunch of "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!" comments. I NEVER give rides to strangers, but I think God brought me along to help that woman out when she needed it....

No comments: