5.31.2007

My sis and grandparents were in town last week. We had a good visit with them all. I've been a little rundown and tried to be adventurous but ended up in bed twice with a fever when I over did things. Saturday we took a day trip up to Sedona to have a picnic lunch and let the kids swim in the creek. It was beautiful and we had a nice picnic but it was not really conducive to the kids' swimming there. It was more of a local teenager's hangout where they go cliff-diving. We packed up and left when a man showed up with two pitbulls and let one of them wander around without a leash, not taking any chances with that one....

Most everyone went and saw Pirates of the Carribean on Friday evening. I say most everyone because me and Matty opted out. Matty's just too young still, and I had to find something to wear for my baby shower this Saturday. I ended up getting a skirt and shirt for $18.

I wasn't so good on my diet last week, or this week for that matter. I'm not sure my body's quite ready for all I want to do just yet. It fooled me though. I felt great right after I had Hailey and those first 2 1/2 weeks. I mean I literally had to MAKE myself stay still and rest that first week when hubby was home. Now, I'm incredibly tired and rundown. Maybe I'll give myself another week or so and see how I feel. Becky, I'm still here for ya though! I'll be catching up as soon as I can!

Hailey is growing fast. She's about 8 1/2 lbs I think. Last week at her appt she was 7lbs 12 oz, UP 9 oz in one week! The Dr. was satisfied with that weighin. On another note, I AM going to be finding another Ped though. I've not felt quite right about this clinic the first time we went there. The nurses are borderline rude and the toys in the waiting room are dirty. I liked the Dr herself though so we stayed. But, last week as we were leaving, a nurse came running out, asked if I was Hailey's mom, then handed me some lab forms. I stared at her dumbfouded because the Dr. never said anything about labs. It was for all kinds of blood tests (allergies, blood count, etc). Anyways, I started the car and was about to leave and head for the lab when she ran back out and said, "Oops, I made mistake!". It was meant for another child. The form had all of Hailey's info filled out on it though. Not only would that have been an uneccesary blood draw for Hailey (which we and our insurance would have had to pay for) but the poor kid who really needed the tests done, would have not gotten them done. I understand that people make mistakes but in the medical field you REALLY gotta' pay attention to what you're doing! I was almost given an MMR (measles,mumps,rubella) vaccine in the hospital this last time because they said that my labs came back and I was not immune. Again, I stared at her dumbfounded. I clearly remember getting that booster at 15 years old. It was for another patient and luckily she realized it before giving me that shot. Anyways, anyone know a GOOD Peds clinic in Chandler Az??? LOL

I'm tossing up a somewhat crazy idea in my head. I'm thinking about working out of the home again. We have some bills looming over our heads that are just not going to get paid off unless a miracle happens. Hubby's comission checks are half of what they were this time last year. Their numbers are down signifigantly with no good outlook in the horizon. This led me to start thinking about a p/t job again, but with hubby down in Tucson 4 days a week it doesn't look possible to get a regular p/t job. Mom works alot of hours (and needs to) so she isn't available to watch the kids in the evenings. This leads to some kindof work-from-home job. One with very little startup but will pay pretty decent working weird hours. Babysitting and daycare are out of the question. Direct selling is no good for this shy introvert. Anyone got any other ideas?

2 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad to read your update.

I have no clues about working from home.

As for your body - I'm sure you are over the intial stress of a new baby...but with sleeping patterns disrupted, nursing etc....YES your body needs time to adjust and you will get run down if you don't take care of yourself. Eat right, sleep when you can, exercise gently...and slowly you will be back to normal. LOL

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oh - I like the new blog look...and your dr. office SCARES me!