2.28.2007

We went bowling on Friday night for Hannah's birthday. I didn't bowl of course. All of the kids LOVE going so we might start trying to go once a month or so. Hey wait! I already posted about Hannah's birthday party! Were you wanting to know about Monday, her real birthday?? We didn't do anything special. I was going to make her waffles with strawberries for breakfast but didn't have time to get to the store beforehand. She got her birthday present from Aunt Rikki and a Target giftcard from Grandpa and Michelle in the mail. She's biting at the bit to go spend her giftcard, I'm taking her on Saturday-just us girls.

We had AWANA last night. We (me and hubby) are so ready for it to be over already! There's just not the same enthusiasm that everyone had last year. This year seems sortof forced. We'll keep going for the kids though. We've had 3 new kids join in the last 2 weeks, as well as some returning that haven't been since the beginning of the year for various reasons. For some of the kids, it's the only "church" they do get and their home lives are not very great so we try to connect with them in some way. I know we're doing good but still we're growing weary of it.

I've been able to keep eating healty (read no junkfood). Well, I did split a small piece of cake with Matty on Sunday night. It was our Pastor's 50th birthday so they threw him a surprise fellowship after evening service. I've not gained any weight since my last appt and my next one is next week, so I'm optimistic that I'll *only* have a 1 or 2 lb gain for the month. I've also noticed a huge difference in water retention by cutting out most sugar. I'm still eating fruit, bread, noodles, and such (in moderation!) but trying to severly limit table sugar-NO SODA! Still haven't started excercising and really I don't see myself starting something formal right now. I'm a weeble wobble who is short of breath from a baby squishing me from the inside out and with a very small bladder. Would you want to excercise???

Matthew is doing FANTASTIC with potty training! I am so excited!!!! We took him this weekend and let him pick out his big boy undies and he's only had one accident since then. Last night at AWANA he was in nursery and was holding it since he didn't want the ladies taking him, so he "leaked" a little. I took him as soon as I picked him up and he went. I guess he's a little shy still:)

That's all the interesting news from me. I've been incredibly tired and BORED. I've got a ton of stuff to do but no motivation to do any of it. I really should start getting the house in order for the new baby but it's still a little early yet. We've got to get the backyard fixed and I'm seriously contemplating finding a new home for Penny. The kids understand, I've already talked with them about it. I'd like to actually get the backyard fixed up for them so they can go out and play. We need to plant grass as most of it has died. Then we'd like to get them a swingset. We've also got to fix the irrigation lines that Penny's torn up, and is continuing to dig up. We've got lots of holes to fill and rock to lay down....stuff we've got to do before we move out anyways and I don't want her tearing things up again after we've fixed them. Plus, when we were facing a move to SD, we realized that it was going to be hard to find a place to rent with a dog her size and we aren't in a position to buy something right away. I feel really horrible, but at the same time I think it's the responsible thing to do right now.

Ok, off to find something more constructive to do...
Jen

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

It sounds like you are doing great this month with the weight gain. Isn't it amazing how simply changing the types of food can make a huge difference. I'm glad you're not retaining as much water.

Way to go Matty.....and Happy belated birthday Hannah.