2.21.2007

I was a TOTAL grouch today. Hubby was able to take off at 12:30 so that I could go in for that 3-hour glucose test. I didn't actually drink the stuff until 1:30 and had not eaten since dinner last night. I found out 1 hour into the test that they were going to be drawing my blood every hour for those 3 hours plus the one before I drank the glucose. I'm very unfond of needles to say the least. Before I had kids I would pass out just from the shot, I'm a little more tolerant now but not much:) Anyways, all 4 times they stuck me were very painful. I was sure wishing for one of those techs that you can barely feel the stick and no pain after that, you know those kind. About 2 1/2 hours into it I got lightheaded and clammy in the waiting room. I went up and told the lady at the desk and was briskly ushered to a room in the back to lay down for the last half hour. I had called hubby on my cell and had him ready to pick me up when I was done because I thought I wasn't going to be able to drive but I ended up fine. We hit happy hour at Applebee's and I ordered wings, salad, and iced tea for dinner. I was not doing anymore sugar rides today! I've decided after my most uncomfortable day that I'm not too fond of diabetes and so I'm going to start eating better again, read NO SUGAR or very little of it. I'm also going to start excercising regularly. Becky, I like ellipticals better than treadmills but we can't afford to buy both and hubby will not get on the elliptical, I'll at least get on the treadmill...besides I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough at 7 months pg to do the elliptical. That's all I need is to hurt myself or the baby. I am SO clumsy when I'm pg. I could tell you stories:)

Jen

1 comment:

Lexie said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hate needles too, but have to have a needle every month because of the meds I'm on. I pray that everything is going well with you and your family. Enjoy these last few weeks...

Blessings, mlpinky