2.18.2007

I am now the official owner of hubby's "old" laptop! Yay, now I don't have to suffer with a broken desktop:) I got Michael a new one for our anniversary on the 14th (9 years!). Me and the kids took him out to a Greek restaurant for dinner and surprised him with it. I knew he wouldn't end up getting a new one until this one died, but he really needed a new one for work.

The first part of our Saturday was lazy. The second half was spent at the house of a couple from church. They had invited us over for a BBQ. It was so nice to fellowship with them. We all shared our testimonies and such, and really got to know each other, it was such a nice time! I realized that we really need to get involved with more people at church on a personal level.

Today we had a former missionary to the Phillipines preach for us. He happened to be in town visiting some friends and our Pastor has been sick this last week and had lost his voice so he volunteered to preach. This was such a divine appointment scheduled by God as his sermon was exactly what me and Michael needed to hear. Won't go into it too much but basically it was about how Moses was content watching sheep in the middle of nowhere but was ready to do the next thing that God had for him when it was time. He was CONTENT to be stuck in the desert, waiting for God's next move for him. Umm, I'm not claiming to be Moses or anything but here WE are "stuck" in the "desert" waiting for God's next move from us. We need to be content right where we are, serving Him, yet being prepared for our next move. Both me and Michael were both practically speechless when we left church. It was almost funny how much the message fit, right down to the details.

Jen

2 comments:

Me said...

God ROCKS! Yesterday was a sermon I needed to hear to and it's awesome how He knows how to feed each of us!
Anyway - I moved my blog again - going to shut down the MSN one. My new address is: okimalsolosingit.blogspot.com (I really like that title so decided to keep it!)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Awesome! I love to hear how God speaks to each of us just as we need Him to.