1.11.2007

We started back to school yesterday. We're on a good roll I think. It looks like the kids will be able to wrap things up before the baby comes.

Hubby did throw me a curve ball tonight though. It's not "official" as of yet, but it looks like we are indeed going to be moving to San Diego. I'm not sure of a time frame, but I'm thinking like in the next 2-3 months. Ahhh! I'm a little terrified right now. This move is a GOOD thing, and one that we've been wanting to happen for quite a long time and now that it's here I'm ruffled. This has just kindof fallen into our lap also, hubby didn't pursue this position in any way. We knew his "big promotion" would be sometime this year, but we weren't expecting it until the end of the year. I'm a little shy as I know the cost of living is so much higher over there and I AM having a baby in May. Ahhh, too much to think about right now! I'll just have to try and relax, trust God, and take things one step at a time.

It would be nice if we could at least stay here until June, but I don't see that happening realistically. The kids are so involved in AWANA! Well, we are leaders as well and it's not ending until May. The kids have worked so hard in memorizing and getting their verses said, that it would be sad if they weren't able to attend the awards night and get their certificates/awards. Hannah's done all 3 Spark's books in 2 years which is a HARD thing to do, and she's going to be getting a plaque for completing all 3 books. Ahhh, relax...BREATHE! TRUST GOD! God's in the details.....

Today I got my ultrasound scheduled for Monday. Hopefully we can FINALLY find out who's joining us! I wanna start buying things! Oh, that reminds me, my cousin and his wife had a baby girl on January 3rd. When we heard the news they had not yet named her but I had fun getting a few fun "pink" things for them:) I was shopping for them and saying to Hannah, "I wanna but something for OUR baby!". I'm really trying not to be too impatient. Actually I'm doing pretty good. With the other kids I would constantly be preoccupied with daydreaming about the new baby. This time around, not so much. In fact, time seems to be flying by. I'm thinking "Wow, I'm already almost 23 weeks." Next appt I'll be 27 which is so close to that big 28 week mark where I get all those final labs done. Then it's 32 weeks, then 36 weeks, then the home stretch....it'll be here before I know it! It'll go by especially fast if we throw in a big move!!! Anyways, hopefully I've got big news to report on Monday.

Well, I think that wraps up our life for the last month or so. If you stick/stuck with me....Bless you! I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year. My catching up has been sporadic due to my computer problems. I'll try and update when hubby brings home his laptop:)

Jen

3 comments:

Me said...

If you are moving to San Diego I can convince my hubby to do a road trip to come and see you!!! He'll get a chance to got to the big zoo and also to do Disneyland (again!) Was wondering what I was going to do with 6 extra days of vacation! For us it would be Septemberish/early October. I liked California Adventure A LOT when we went last year! My favorite was the grizzly river ride, but it's a height requirement so only Hannah or Brandon would be able to go.
Glad to see you back online! Have been meaning to call just been SUPER busy (you know how it is!)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad you are blogging.

Wow a move. I moved during my last pregnancy....it can be unsettling...but it turned out well. I LOVE my new doctor and was enduring my old. LOL

San Diego - have you lived there before? Will your dh get a salary increase to help with the cost of living out there? We keep wanting to go out for a vacation - mainly because there are cheap TLF right on the beach and we could play tourist. LOL

I'll be checking MOnday to see your big news.

I'm More Than a Number said...

Becky come visit me anytime. San Diego or not!

De'Etta,
I've not lived anywhere but Wa. and Az. so this is making me really nervous. Hubby will get a salary increase, we're not sure how much and it might turn into some kindof "negotiation" but we wouldn't move if they weren't going to pay enough for us to live there. Looking online, our rent for a house would double, that's not including higher utility costs, gasoline, etc. so we'll see how it turns out.