1.28.2007

Hannah's tea party was so much fun yesterday. I've got some great pictures, if I can ever get my computer working. 4 of her 5 friends were here, the other one was in Tx for the national competition for that wool contest they were in back in November. We went with a butterfly theme which turned out really nice. We made butterflies out of coffee filters and curling ribbon to hang on the windows by the dining table. At each place setting we used votive candle w/holders to attach their names for placecards. Each girl had their own little teapot since I had ordered that set with my birthday money. They did three crafts, a foam visor, a foam photo album, and a bracelet with a teapot charm. Our Bible lesson was about how God takes us ugly sinners and transforms us into something beautiful....just like a caterpillar changes into a butterfly. Well, I guess I won't bore you with all the details. Just trying to paint the picture somewhat, since I can't post pics.

As for SD, we *should* find out for sure tomorrow (Monday). The VP is going to be talking with the owner to see if he can pay hubby what we asked for and exactly WHAT they are going to do with this office. Right now Michael is the only one working there and they need this office up asap so they're desperate:) We weren't asking for very much more than they offered so I think things will work out. He actually apologized to Michael for getting so upset at him over it and that he now realizes just what the cost of living is out there. Michael has been able to get some meetings setup for this next week with clients and has gotten excited about this possibility, so I'm hoping he gets it. He's already had 3 people congratulate him as the VP had already told everyone that he was hiring Michael for it, he just needs to get the pay approved. So, here I am trying not to be too impatient as I know everything that will need to be done to move in the next month. They would want to move us right away to get him out there so we'd be moving the end of February or first of March. Thank goodness it's *only* 6 hours from here, and not that 3 day drive like from Washington. Ok, will post tomorrow night what I find out!

Jen

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

You are spurring me on. Arielle really would like to have a tea party....and I should make it happen....Hannah's sounds darling. Thanks for sharing the details.