11.29.2006

Ok, i'm gonna chalk last night's tirade to hormones. I am feeling alot more sane now. I'm still a little stressed over it all, but it's her problem(s) not mine and I need to remember that. I'm just not sure what's going to happen if she ends up losing her apartment. It seems like my family's left all this up to me. If she ends up homeless, guess where she's coming. I don't mind helping her if she truly needs it but this is different and I'm lost as to what to do. So again, I apologize for last night's rant.

Today I had to take Hannah to her piano lesson. I always enjoy visiting with my friend from church. After that we headed to the Kia dealership so that I could check on a part that I needed to fix one of the kids' windows in the back. One of my kids, who will remain nameless, decided one day that he wanted his window open. Instead of pushing the button to open it, he just pushed the window itself and some kindof nut thing popped off the outside of the window. I was worried that I was gonna have to pay for a whole new mechanical thing but ended up just being able to buy the nut and a washer for $1.50. I totally pulled a joke on hubby when he called earlier though. I told him that I took the van to get fixed. He asked how much it costed and I told him "One fifty." He of course thought I meant $150.00 and I could sense the tension in his voice. I'm trying of course to keep from giggling. He made peace with the cost as we would've had to pay for it sometime anyways. I then proceeded to tell him "One dollar and fifty cents." You could almost hear the "shewww" in his head. That totally made my day:) I did tell him though, that I wished he was home (from Ca) so that I could see that vein actually throbbing in his forehead, but had fun with it nonetheless:) I'm easily amused...

We stopped at Walmart tonight to get supplies to make our "pokey pine" (pinecone) Christmas trees. We bought some spray paint and some glitter and also some beads to glue on as "ornaments". I will post pics when we get done with those.

We got our stockings hung up yesterday, not sure if I posted that last night or not. The kids were walking around talking about "bean stalks" and I assumed they meant the story of Jack and the Bean Stalk, I really wasn't listening too closely. Turns out they were talking about their STOCKINGS and they thought they were called bean stalks for some reason...

Hubby called me earlier and asked what I thought about moving to San Diego. I guess he's in love with it there. I'm supposed to research on the internet tonight the cost of living, rent, etc. I always swore that I would NEVER live in California but for some reason I'm "O.K." with it right now. We'll see where this train goes....

Jen

1 comment:

Me said...

If you lived in San Diego you would be SO close to Disneyland!

As for your mom - the only thing I can say is I am praying for you. The whole thing is CRAZY. There are a lot of things I see from an outsiders view and I just want to smack her with the "crazy book" and tell her to knock it off - but I also have known your family for a long time and know that's NOT the way to handle it. Even though your family has left this up to you, please remember you are NOT alone in it- physically yes - but you won't get more than you can handle...

What did you do for your mom's birthday? Please pass on a happy belated birthday from me!

There is a rule that you broke. You cannot do any Christmas decorating until December 1st. I started the rule and I impress it upon EVERYONE. It's not officially CHRISTMAS Season until the 1st!

This morning I watched The View (it was a little bit icy so I came in to work late). Well I turned it on as they were talking about a website called readysetholiday.com I am personally glad that my holidays aren't that intense because I could not keep up with it if it were but they had some great ideas on gift wrapping, etc. You should check it out!

Have a great day and I'll talk to you later!