11.14.2006

I also forgot to share that I've been feeling the baby move a little. It's a little early as they say "quickening" starts at 16 weeks but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

We're STILL mulling over baby names. My husband likes more modern names like McKenzie Reagann or McKenna Ryann, I like those but I just can't imagine calling my child one of those. I like the more old fashioned names like Hailey, Emilie, Abigail (Abbey), and Violette. The kids like Violette and Abbey. Violette actually seems to be taking the lead with the kids for some reason. If *I* was doing the naming myself I would pick Emilie as it's a "popular" name and all the rest of the kids have "popular" names. Oh, I also like Katie. Hubby thinks that we should name her Kathryn or something and call her Katie as it sounds too "kiddish". I countered that her name could be Katie and when she's older she can shorten it to Kate if she wants something more adult sounding. Oh, the drama of it all ;)

As for boys' names, the only one we can all agree on is Sean Alexander. Hubby is a little hesitant on the middle name as it makes it the name of a Seahawks running back or something, and hubby is a very big Seahawks fan. You'd think he'd be happy about that but he's already gotten teased about how "he got his wife to agree to that one" at work. This is a name we had picked out when we had Brandon 6 years ago, long before the famous Seahawk. Jake is still rooting for Jack "Hammer"....LOL

What are your opinions of our names, if you have any? Can you think of any new ones that you've just "always loved!". We're definately open to suggestions!

Jen ºÜº

3 comments:

Me said...

As for the Katie/kate/Kathryn thing... what about Katlyn, or Kaitlyn, or Caitlyn (all the same, just different spelling). They could be Katie or K8 then. My friend Katie got married a few years ago - she was so excited because her initials spelled her name KT. I have a cousin Katie so it would never work for us to name our kidlet Caitlyn like I want, but we have another favorite that we are holding "hostage".
I tend to agree with you - trends are trends and in 30 years are you kids gonna say "what were my parent's THINKING?!" (McKenzie = SPUD McKenzie in my mind! LOL) Also something I learned from my friend Jenelle (not JANELLE) - if you don't have a "common" name - it's hard to find it on anything (magnet, pen, etc).
I do remember you picking the name before the Seahawk but I think that name is "taken" for a reason. Hopefully it's a girl and you won't have to think about boy names! LOL
I have a massive head cold (started Sunday afternoon after my nap that I take after church). Woke up with sore throat. Yesterday was full of drama- head cold, fever, headache - you name I delt with it! Those are the days I just LOVE my husband! Hope you and your family aren't dealing with that and that your illness is just a quick passing.
I am praying for your mom's jobs/interviews!
okay - have to get back to work!
~B

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

HOw fun you are feeling the little one. I like all names...I'm not help at all with this...I'm the one that never really has a name until I leave for the hospital...and then it's subject to change....

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

OK you and Debbie impress me. I tried to add to my title bar thing...to make it wider and put some of the clutter on my blog up there....but it was bizare. You two have some sort of blogger magic.