10.14.2006

Today I was feeling the best that I have felt in about 6 weeks. I felt good actually. So, I got the hankerin' to bake with the kids today. We baked 4 boxed of those Jiffy blueberry muffins and made some "no bake" chocolate oatmeal cookies. The cookies turned out differently than they were supposed to, but they still tasted good. I buy that "Smart Balance" spread instead of butter and I used 1/2 quick-cook oats and 1/2 steel cut oatmeal. Definately different texture than normal but everyone's eating them. To tell you the truth, my family is just happy that I actually BAKED something, they'd think it was good even if it tasted like cardboard. My poor neglected family.....

I made dinner tonight too. Hey, I'm on a roll! I made a chicken/rice casserole and my family just cannot get enough of it. I'll have to look up some new casserole type dishes. These are the only type of meals that they'll eat a healthy portion of. Well spaghetti too, but that's kindof the same texture....

Me and hubby totally zonked out on the kids tonight for movie night. We rented the new Curious George and Garfield 2. Hubby and I fell asleep about 1/3 way into Curious George and totally missed Garfield. Oh well.

Monsoon season is over here and we're having thunder storms tonight. This is really rare here. Usually we have a very dry and mild fall and winter, only storms in the summer. This year's been really wet since July. I'm not complaining, I think it's great! Last year we literally had 1 week of rain in the summer and none all fall, winter, or spring. Wet GOOD-Dry BAD!

Ok, off to read my book and go to bed....reading a Monica Ferris book "Cutwork". I'm about 2/3 through then I've gotta hunt down the last/newest book in the series then I'm done with that one. I'm going to try something Christian next, those secular books really bother me sometimes. In fact, I bought 3 books in a series last week from Goodwill and started reading the first one tonight and found out that I just won't be able to read them-too much language.....Ok off to bed!

Jen ºÜº

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Glad to hear you are getting a second wind in the pregnancy.