9.24.2006

Ok I'll try and play catchup a little bit...

Friday: After school, we took Penny to get a bath and sign up for her new class. Then we headed off to Michael's craft store to hunt down something. Didn't find it but ended up with two kits to make me a necklace and earring set for Saturday night. After that we went to hubby's work to "save him" and basically drag him outta there so he could come home for movie night. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home and got some baked chicken and various sides to go with (potato, broccoli, beans). Hubby stopped and got movies for us with the "boys". The kids watched Scooby Doo and the Pirate something or other and an old movie that I can't stand called Flight of the Navigator. I made my necklace/earring set while I was "watching" lol.

Saturday: We headed out and got everyone haircuts except Hannah, she had hers done not too long ago. After that we went to Target and picked up a traveling casserole dish and some other little things. I decided to not take Penny to class because I had to much to do before our dinner party that night and I was already exhausted. Got home and took a 1 hour nap. Made Greenbean Supreme for the party. Took a shower and got "ready". Went to the party and got home way too late. It was fun to socialize with adults but they're not really our "crowd". Everyone was drinking and of course some of the talk was not nice. It was a party for hubby's work though, and we really couldn't turn it down since he's the "Assistant District Manager". They were celebrating reaching 175 men working, when hubby got here to "fix" this office they were at 50 men working so this is GREAT.

Sunday: Went to Sunday school and Church. I had a hard time staying awake during service, did I mention I'm really tired right now LOL. Grabbed lunch on the way home and took a nap when we got home. Watched Extreme Home Makeover tonight and cried myself silly. Really you shouldn't be able to watch shows like that if you are pg. The lady was a single mom to 9 kids living in a 900 sf house, then took in her brother and his 3 kids because he has kidney failure. They live in Alaska and their house was literally falling apart. The roof leaked in places and wind came in the windows and doors and they were scared for Winter to come because I guess it gets -60º. The show built them this huge house taylor made for the family. Oh, the mother homeschools too, so they built them a schoolroom. I was a tear jerker. I do wonder now though just how that lady is going to afford the new property taxes and utilities for the much larger house. I always wonder what happens when the show pulls away....Now, I'm catching up on emails and udating my blog. Fun weekend huh? Oh, I've got to change dog classes already. I wasn't able to make it to yesterday's class and I won't be able to make it next Saturday's either so I'm changing days. I'm kinda sad as the teacher said there was another Bassett in the class named "Miss Pickles" and she thought they'd get along really well. Oh well...

Jen ºÜº

No comments: