12.13.2007

I'm finally moving....

I just got done with the homemade Christmas gifts that I need to mail tomorrow. I've still got the kids' capes and 2 blessing pillowcases to do. I'll probably wait until this weekend to work on those.


I'm officially out of "denial" that we are moving. Ok, I'll just come out and say it, I've been depressed:) This was a move that we were waiting over 3 years for. It happened and we were happy and relieved. Then I got to thinking about all that we were leaving behind here and I sortof went into denial or something. Seriously, we have movers coming the day after Christmas and I've pretty much done NOTHING to prepare for them. It doesn't help that Michael is out of town M-F either. I've snapped out of it and am planning on working like a mad woman tomorrow and this weekend on the house. We're hoping to have a bit of a garage sale on Saturday but I have a feeling it will be raining, we'll see.


Sunday evening after church service they are having a farewell fellowship for us. I am sooo not looking forward to it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that our church wants to show their love for us but seriously I don't know if I can hold myself together. I really, REALLY don't wanna' do the "ugly cry" in front of 75 people! I really don't want to leave this church. Besides, I dislike attention in general. Tried to get out of the baby shower back in May but they wouldn't let me:) The babyshower blessed me though and I know Sunday night will bless us as well. Still, the UGLY CRY!


Matthew woke up today with a cold. Poor guy, he's been sneezing all day. Snot comes out his nose, he bends over so it doesn't run down his face saying, "Mom! Me need kleenex!" It's so cute, I had to share. Hope I didn't gross ya'll out! He's also got the asthma cough that always comes with his colds. Hopefully that doesn't get worse. I don't have an updated dosage for his meds. The last time he needed them was when he was 1 1/2.....he's almost 4 now.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

So - how did Sunday night go? I know what you mean about the ugly cry - but it does bring a sense of completion for you and for those who are left behind.

Wow - the day after Christmas. It will be nice to see your husband more.