12.17.2007

Can't think of a snazzy title!

Just some quick updates. I've got a major project to do tonight while the kids are sleeping. I've gotta' totally clean the living room area. Complete with moving furniture and vacuuming them under the cushions and then shampooing the carpet in there. Ugh.


We've had colds since Thursday or so. We had to cancel dinner and movie night with Almerry and her family on Friday night because of it and I skipped morning church with the sickos yesterday morning. We did go last night since they were having our farewell fellowship. It was so SPECIAL. I only did the ugly cry once, and that was when my hubby was giving his salvation testimony. Someone had suggested that he share it since they had heard it when we had dinner at their house one night. Long story short about that, God had been working in Michael's heart for awhile, he kept rejecting salvation, I was being convicted about dating an unsaved man-knew I couldn't be unequally yoked, the night that I prayed for his salvation and told God that I'd break up with him that night if he didn't get saved that night, Michael got saved at prayer meeting. Michael had no idea that I had prayed that. Makes me choke up every time I hear Michael tell it. Anyways, it was a really nice night. We're sure going to miss everyone.


We have got a totally booked and crazy next 10 days. Somehow we'll make it out alive on the other end. LOL


Here's what my next 10 days looks like:


Tuesday: Clean Kitchen and work on my room. AWANA that night.


Wednesday: Sort craft/fabric (big job!) and continue bedroom. Lunch with Almerry and kids.


Thursday: Shampoo upstairs carpets. Deep clean bathrooms. Start sorting through the mountains of clothes that we own. Must eliminate some of the mountains!


Friday: Clean an office this morning for last time. Clean out and shampoo the carpets in the van. Dinner and movie night with the Zenkos.


Saturday: Garage sale! Clean other office for the last time. Possible dinner with Pastor and his family.


Sunday: Church. Lunch at friend's house. Movie "National Treasure 2" at the mall that evening.


Monday: Open Christmas gifts. Fix Christmas dinner. Cleanup and possibly head across the valley to visit Michael' cousin/family over there.


Tuesday: Eat leftovers up. Clean out fridge. Any last-minute sorting/cleaning/packing/landscaping etc.


Wednesday: Movers Come! Stay night in hotel.


Thursday: House cleaner comes. Maybe. I might do this. Prepare for road trip. Stay in hotel.


Friday: Carpet cleaner comes. Leave town after he's done. 7 1/2 hr drive to Abq.


I'm going to try really hard to choose joy through all of this. In fact I told Michael that one of his gifts this year was that I'd be patient/understanding/cheerful and all that good stuff through all of this. I also told him that that means that everything bad that CAN happen, probably WILL! Pray for me?!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

((Jen)),
It's hard enough to move. It's harder when you have to live your life AND manage this move on top of everything else. It's hard when your dh is already consumed with work. And it's hard at this time of year, when time is more pressed anyway.

This IS God's plan for your family. HE will help you get through this, get settled, begin the next phase of this life. Lean on Him, take this one step at a time. What a perfect time to be focusing on the celebration of his arrival on earth. :)

Praying for you all here, dear.