11.26.2007

Symphony and sickness



Ok, so last night we had our much anticipated date night at the symphony.


We started our night by meeting up with Michael's former boss and his wife at one of my favorite restaurants here called Caffe Boa. We went there about 2 years ago for Michael's office Christmas party and I had the most wonderful chicken saltimboca EVER. I've been wanting to go back ever since, and finally got my way convinced him that last night was the night to go back, especially because we are moving soon. Oh my WOW. It was just as yummy as I remembered....


After that, we raced to the symphony. Michael is a talker and he we lost track of time. My review of the symphony itself, is that they did a great job. Some of those people, especially the pianist and the lead violinist in particular, really take their jobs SERIOUSLY. I mean the pianist put everything he had into each 3 or 4-note spurt that he had and that lead violinist couldn't keep his bum on his chair. They really got "into" it. We, on the other hand, could not have been more bored to DEATH. I'm sorry. I've gotta' be honest here. The first symphony was about unrest, completely dark, slow, and depressing. And it was an hour long folks. The second was about a man's love for his beloved. It had nice periods of uplifting and lovely waltz's, but ended in the man's execution with fleeting thoughts of his beloved throughout these depressing and dark periods. That too, was an hour long. Seriously, we will probably never go again. LOL


I did enjoy wearing my coat though! I'm glad I didn't wear my tall heels and just wore my kitten heels as we had a nice little walk from the parking garage to symphony hall. All-in-all, it was a nice evening. I told Michael we probably would have had a better time just hanging at the restaurant longer with our friends. The symphony was a waste of time and money. Oh well, now we can say we've been there!


Now, on to the sickness part. Michael woke up with a head cold this morning and a pounding headache. I woke up with an "almost" migraine and nauseous because of it. I've gotten headaches all week. I have been able to knock them down with 800 mg of ibuprofen, but they come back. Anyways, we stayed home from church today. We pretty much lazed around because we felt crummy. My headache is pretty much gone but I can tell it's still hovering and ready to come back at any moment. You know the kind...



The weather has FINALLY cooled down around here. It's down in the 60's at night, 70's during the day. It's starting to feel like fall! We actually had to turn on the heat this morning to take the chill off of the house. I know Becky is soooo laughing at me right now up in Washington! What is it, like 35F up there???


1 comment:

Me said...

Me laugh at you???? How did you guess! Just kidding! I do think it's funny that you are NOW just turning on your heat, but also you live in a HOT place that requires air conditioning and I don't think we would ever get that for our house!

Symphony -
MIL plays her Cello (or she used to....) for the Rainier Symphony and one of the first years we were married she got us tickets! We enjoy music and all but don't ask someone who is ADHD and ADD to sit there..... Luckily enough they were doing the Christmas one so it was TOO hard on us as some of the songs were familiar. The opera is good and so are musicals - just can't do the symphony (GAMEBOY MUST BE CHARGED AND IN POCKET AT TIME OF ARRIVAL!!!!)

Hope you feel better soon! You may want to go to the Doc or Chiropractor if problem persists! :-)