11.25.2007

I stand corrected...

Because I am also a little "anal retentive" when it comes to spelling, I would like to thank Hal for correcting my spelling of the word "whilst". I have seen it in an actual book spelled my original way of "whilest" but ok, I believe you. I am no longer quite as fond of the word, since it now sounds and feels like my mouth is numbed by novocaine when I say it. I guess I won't be using my beloved (albeit
made-up) word "whilest" any longer....off to mourn the injustice of it all.





P.S. I looked up both the words "novocaine" and "albeit" just to make sure that I had spelled them correctly. I have a complex now...LOL

2 comments:

Rambling Hal said...

Hahahahha....no!!! I didn't mean to make you paranoid! Maybe it's just an American vs. British spelling thing, who knows! Just keep writing your delightful posts and don't worry about anything else :)

I'm More Than a Number said...

Hal, just messin' with ya'! How's that for American spelling! LOL

Jen;)