4.12.2007

Hubby made is home safely tonight. Thanks for praying. This last-minute business trip was to re-train the guy in Sacramento for a day-and-a-half. Turns out he had a Deacon's meeting at church tonight, so he had to go straight there from the airport and he didn't get home until 9:30pm.

Tomorrow he's got a golf tournament with the other guys from work. I hope he does good. He really loves golf but just doesn't ever get practice time in.

I have a confession to make. I've been a horribly crabby mommy yesterday and today. I'm just so frustrated with the mess that the kids make. It wouldn't be so bad except I just can't get around very easily and really have a hard time bending over to pick things up. It seems like the only way I can get them to do something is to be snippy with them and keep them busy "cleaning" so that they don't have the time to make MORE of a mess. I feel horrible though, I need to figure out something different.

Matty's decided to start going #1 in the big toilet instead of his little potty. He's still having accidents with the other and I think it's the fear of sitting on the big toilet that's hindering that progress. I need to look into getting one of those little seats that you put on the big seat and do away with the little potty chair. We're still making progess, it's just slower than I was hoping for.

Hannah had piano today. Her recital is in 2 weeks and she's totally calm about it. I think I'm more nervous than she is!

Jake's birthday is in 2 weeks as well. He wants to play put-put golf and I'm going to make him a "golf" cake. I'm thinking a regular round cake with white icing and green-colored coconut on the top and then adding one of hubby's golf tees and golf balls. Got any other/different ideas for me? It seems kindof plain, like it's missing something...

I'll be 36 weeks on Monday. I'm really wanting her to come SOON but at the same time I've got so much going on here at the end of April, I want/need her to wait until the beginning of May. I'm also getting more and more excited to see her, yet overwhelmed because I'm just not ready with the house being unorganized and such. I think I've got a bad case of pg brain right now since I just can't focus on any ONE thing.

Well, that's it!

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Jen, I'm praying daily for you as your time approaches. It's TOUGH not to be crabby those last few weeks...but remember you don't have to do it in YOUR strength alone. Hangeth thou in there!